Monday, August 2, 2010

Treehouse living...

Temporary stairs up to the door that will be no more.

The house at its almost final elevation - it will be lowered about 14 inches when the steel beams are removed.
I came home on Thursday afternoon and was able to see the house hovering above the neighborhood before I turned the corner.  Seriously weird!  I'm putting a lot of faith in the house raisers right now - when the washing machine was on its final spin dry the whole house was rocking back and forth.  Maybe I won't do laundry for a little while.  The house is now at almost its final raised elevation in its new role as "2nd story".  The next steps will be to pour the new foundation (after everything is cleared and graded of course) and then to frame in the first floor.  Once the first floor is framed in, they can lower the existing house (new 2nd story) down onto the newly framed first floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment