Friday, September 24, 2010

Freaky Friday!

I think that I spend more time trying to think of a clever blog title than anything else.  At this point I have no title.  I was thinking about doors - of course - and then I was thinking about doorbells and should we have a doorbell so that got me thinking to Ding Dong, which of course ends with The witch is dead!  Which has nothing to do with anything because there are no witches in my world right now - no evil teachers or anything like that.  But it is nearing the month of halloween for all of you halloween lovers - maureen if you're reading this.  Nothing like tangent Friday!  Well, today is an exciting day because not only do we have stairs but we also have both a front door and a back door!  They open and close and keep the rain out!  The first picture is the treehouse that we stayed in last night at Treehouse Point near Fall City - it was pretty cool up in the tree listening to the Raging River.

Dan at the treehouse.  GIANT hemlock behind him.  It even had a toilet!

We now have a back door!  Still waiting for the handle to arrive of course.

The rear :)

Side shot!

Shaping up - shed roof is on - old door is gone!

awesome knotty alder front door finished by Aero-Lac inc. in Seattle

Front porch

Lupe scoping from her new perch.  We had to break it down for her - scratch the door and...we will be really mad.

Hi pretty door :)

3 comments:

  1. Get loops a bell to ring instead. I've seen it don't for dogs to go out, surely it works the other way too...right?

    And I love the tree house! It was a staycation in Fall City no less. I have a real love for tree houses. Did I know you when I got the most awesome treehouse book? Does that sounds familiar? Another tragedy of the Chad saga I suppose. Any way, I bet the was a great time. The house looks nothing like what you started with. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin!
    It looks so amazing- that door...that door is amazing. I can't believe how far it has come, and its still not done! Can't wait to see the final product.
    Hugs for you Dan and of course Lupe

    Cousin Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Door! :-) and glad to have had you stay with us at TreeHouse Point. I'm Pete Nelson the Treehouse Guy of TreeHouse Point. I'd love for you to visit our facebook fan page. We will be giving away a one night stay for all the Halloween lovers out there. Details will be posted soon.

    http://www.Facebook.com/Treehousepoint
    http://www.TreeHousePoint.Posterous.com

    again great door!
    pn

    ReplyDelete